Ranchi: Finance Minister Radhakrishna Kishore on Sunday tabled a supplementary budget of ₹4,296.62 crore in the Assembly, even as the BJP staged a walkout. He asserted that the Hemant Soren government’s fiscal health is “robust, disciplined, and people-centric,” aimed at bringing relief to rural households. The budget was passed by voice vote.
The state’s main budget stands at ₹1.45 lakh crore, with over ₹38,000 crore earmarked for establishment expenditure. In the plan head, ₹23,799 crore—26.5% of the allocation—has already been spent in just four and a half months, surpassing last year’s pace.
Kishore highlighted that revenue collection touched ₹33,707 crore (27% of target), while spending remains under control at ₹18,137 crore. Stressing Jharkhand’s “strong financial management,” he said the state has not yet borrowed from the market and can still raise up to ₹18,000 crore if needed.
Agriculture and water resources remain top priorities. Expenditure on farming has nearly doubled since 2019, while irrigation projects received ₹11,069 crore in six years. He also noted ₹4,000 crore from dormant PL accounts was recently transferred into the treasury.
On employment, the minister said 1.5 lakh youths have been provided jobs in five years, though nearly 8 lakh remain registered as unemployed. Excess rainfall has damaged nearly 2 lakh acres of crops, he admitted.
Kishore also clarified that the Maiyya Samman Yojana is not a free seed scheme but one designed to ensure dignity for women.