
Pakistan has shifted more than 70 terrorist launchpads away from the border after India’s Operation Sindoor strikes. BSF says the move signals Pakistan’s attempt to shield militant infrastructure from Indian firepower. India asserts it remains prepared to strike again if the government authorises fresh action.
Jammu: Pakistan has shifted more than 70 terror launchpads away from the border and deeper into its territory after the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) destroyed multiple facilities during Operation Sindoor earlier this year, senior BSF officials revealed.
Briefing reporters, BSF DIG Vikram Kunwar said around a dozen launchpads are now operating from deeper zones near Sialkot and Zaffarwal, while nearly 60 others have been moved even further inland to hinder Indian targeting. He emphasised that these hubs are rotational and temporary — activated only when terrorists are readied for infiltration into India.
“These are not permanent camps. They remain active only when terrorists have to be pushed across. They don’t gather in large numbers — usually not more than two or three small units,” Kunwar explained, adding that there are currently no training camps in areas immediately adjacent to the International Border.
🚨 BIG BREAKING
India DESTROYED 118 Pakistani posts during Operation Sindoor, confirms BSF 🔥 pic.twitter.com/LhZkETtsel
— Megh Updates 🚨™ (@MeghUpdates) November 29, 2025
He also noted a strategic shift in militant formations: previously, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Taiba operated on segregated axes, but post-Operation Sindoor, Pakistan has formed mixed-group setups allowing cross-organisation training.
BSF IG, Jammu Frontier, Shashank Anand, asserted that the force remains fully prepared to initiate Operation Sindoor 2.0 if directed by the government.
“From 1965 and 1971 to Kargil and Operation Sindoor — the BSF has experience in conventional as well as hybrid warfare. If ordered, we are capable of inflicting even heavier damage than in May,” Anand asserted.
He confirmed that Pakistani Rangers suffered substantial losses during the operation and took considerable time to recover. In some locations, Pakistan has attempted to reinforce defensive positions, but “all their activities remain under BSF surveillance,” he said.
For now, BSF is adhering to the operational pause in place since the May 7–10 clashes. However, officials emphasised that the force continues to monitor every movement and will respond decisively if infiltration attempts resume.
“At present, there is no alarming movement along the border,” Anand noted, “but our planning evolves continuously with changing circumstances, and action will be taken whenever required.”
