
Pakistan Silent After BLA’s 7-Day Deadline Over Alleged Soldier Capture
News Desk: In a fresh escalation in Balochistan, the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed it is holding seven personnel of Pakistan’s security forces and has given Islamabad a seven-day ultimatum to negotiate a prisoner exchange.
In a statement released through its media wing, Hakkal, the insurgent group warned that failure by the Pakistani government to engage within the deadline could lead to the execution of the detainees. The group also circulated a video message asserting that six days remain before the ultimatum expires.
Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) detains Pakistani army personnel
17 Pakistan army personnel captured by BLA
BLA says 10 army personnel released owing to their Baloch identity @BislaDiksha has more pic.twitter.com/kDiAZmZlTF
— WION (@WIONews) February 15, 2026
No official confirmation from Islamabad
The claims made by the BLA have not been independently verified. As of now, Pakistan’s military and government have not issued any formal response regarding the alleged capture of their personnel.
Islamabad has also not publicly acknowledged that any of its soldiers are in militant custody, maintaining silence even as the countdown set by the group continues.
‘Operation Herof 2.0’ claim
According to the BLA, the seven soldiers were captured during what it described as the second phase of “Operation Herof.” The group alleged that its fighters had initially detained 17 members of Pakistan’s security forces across multiple fronts.
It further claimed that ten of those captured were later released after being identified as ethnic Baloch associated with local police units. The decision, the group said, was based on “ground realities” and considerations linked to local identity and the interests of the Baloch population.
The remaining seven detainees are purportedly members of regular Pakistan Army units and continue to be held by the insurgent outfit.
#BalochLiberationArmy (BLA) has released a video showing personnel of #PakistanArmy captured during its recent #OperationHerof2 in #Balochistan. #Hakkal pic.twitter.com/UiKJYyKJWK
— Ajay Kaul (@AjayKauljourno) February 15, 2026
Claims of ‘trial’ and charges
In its statement, the BLA said the detained personnel were subjected to proceedings before what it called a “Baloch National Court.” The group accused them of involvement in actions against civilians, enforced disappearances, and what it described as atrocities against the Baloch people.
The outfit claimed the accused were given opportunities to respond, evidence was presented, and confessional statements were recorded during the proceedings.
Seven-day window for exchange
Despite claiming to have pronounced death sentences, the BLA said it has granted Pakistan a seven-day grace period. During this time, the group says it is willing to swap the seven detainees if Islamabad formally agrees to exchange them for Baloch prisoners in state custody.
The insurgent organisation accused Pakistani authorities of previously ignoring similar exchange offers and alleged that the state has shown indifference toward the fate of its own personnel.
Pakistan’s stance
Pakistan has consistently rejected the BLA’s narrative regarding Balochistan and officially designates the group as a terrorist organisation. The BLA is banned in Pakistan and has also been listed as a terrorist entity by countries including the United States and the United Kingdom.
With the ultimatum clock ticking and no official response yet from Islamabad, the development adds fresh uncertainty to the long-running insurgency in Balochistan.
